-Michael Oberhauser's music has been performed at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, on the Kojo Nnamdi show on WAMU 88.5, by the Silver Finch Arts Collective, by Opera Alterna, by the Ohio Northern University Symphony Orchestra, the Ohio Northern University Singers, and the opera department at the Catholic University of America, among others. Notable commissions include pieces for the University of Maryland Opera Studio and Christian Youth Theater in Chicago. Michael is a composer from Maumee, Ohio. After receiving his Bachelor of Music degree in composition from Ohio Northern University, where he studied with MJ Zank, he moved to Washington, DC to attend the Catholic University of America. He studied there for his Masters degree in Music Composition with a Stage emphasis with Andrew Earle Simpson. In May 2015 he received his Doctor of Musical Arts degree at the University of Maryland. He studied there with Lawrence Moss and Mark E. Wilson. Michael is also a frequent music director and occasional performer.
Michael loves to collaborate! Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss ideas.
Follow me on Twitter: @moberhau
Follow me on Facebook: Michael Oberhauser, Composer
Follow my Soundcloud: Michael Oberhauser
Follow my YouTube: Michael Oberhauser
- Megan Ihnen & Alan Theisen Present... will premiere Bright Star III, a piece I wrote for them, in a concert some time in 2019.
- Mezzo-soprano Megan Ihnen will record my wordless, a cappella lullaby "i would like to be the air" on her upcoming album Sleep Songs: Wordless Lullabies for the Sleepless.
- I'm working on a solo piano piece in memory of my good friend John Maggi, who died this year. I'm basing it on a theme from a piece we co-composed, Jekyll or Hyde?
- Expanding Another Country into a two-act opera with Shannon Berry.
- Expanding the newly-composed parts of Once Upon a Bedtime into a stand-alone concert piece or piece for dance.
Recent Projects and Performances:
- On November 29, soprano Danielle Buonaiuto and pianist Jason Wirth premiered my piece, "Hudson Valley Autumn," which was composed for Danielle on a poem by Shannon Berry.
- The Lives Left Behind - Silver Finch Arts Collective produced this set of four short operas by Joseph Kaz, Frances Pollock, William Kenlon, and myself. It ran from July 14-26, 2018.
- - - - - Last Edited 12-6-2018 - - - - -