Michael Oberhauser's music has been performed at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, on the Kojo Nnamdi show on WAMU 88.5, by the Silver Finch Arts Collective, by Opera Alterna, by the Ohio Northern University Symphony Orchestra, the Ohio Northern University Singers, and the opera department at the Catholic University of America. Notable commissions include pieces for the University of Maryland Opera Studio and Christian Youth Theater in Chicago. Michael is a composer from Maumee, Ohio. After receiving his Bachelor of Music degree in composition from Ohio Northern University, where he studied with MJ Zank, he moved to Washington, DC to attend the Catholic University of America. He studied there for his Masters degree in Music Composition with a Stage emphasis with Andrew Earle Simpson. In May 2015 he received his Doctor of Musical Arts degree at the University of Maryland. He studied there with Lawrence Moss and Mark E. Wilson. Michael is also a frequent music director and occasional performer.
Michael's music is typically tonal, and he loves to work with voices. His favorite composers include Britten, Prokofiev, Shostakovich, Sondheim, Stravinsky, and Vaughan-Williams.
Michael also loves to collaborate! Please send a message to email@example.com to discuss ideas.
Follow me on Twitter: @moberhau
Follow me on Facebook: Michael Oberhauser, Composer
Follow my Soundcloud: Michael Oberhauser
Follow my YouTube: Michael Oberhauser
- Percussionist and singer Colleen Phelps will premiere my piece "Bright Star II" on November 17 at 7pm at Nashville State Community College in a recital called Evening of Dance and Percussion.
- Mezzo-soprano Megan Ihnen will record my wordless, a cappella lullaby "i would like to be the air" on her upcoming album Sleep Songs: Wordless Lullabies for the Sleepless.
- Expanding Another Country into a two-act opera with Shannon Berry.
- Expanding the newly-composed parts of Once Upon a Bedtime into a stand-alone concert piece or piece for dance.
Recent Projects and Performances:
Once Upon a Bedtime - 7-24 July, 2016 - Sprenger Theater, Atlas Performing Arts Center, Washington, DC
Music Directed/Produced a children's opera with Silver Finch Arts Collective. The piece included The Goose Girl, by Thomas Pasatieri, along with new framing material with music by me and text by Shannon Berry.
- - - - - Last Edited 10-10-2017 - - - - -